Wednesday, December 26, 2007

7 Free Windows Apps That Saved me Big $$$

7 Free Windows Apps That Saved me Big $$$

Office Software
Open Office replaced Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office’s replacement was the easy one to find since there is a lot of commotion these days regarding the alternatives. Open Office was a no contest option and with the recent update, I love it.
(2) Graphics and Image Manipulation
GIMP replaced Jasc Paint Shop Pro - Paint Shop Pro was the cheaper alternative to Adobe Photoshop. GIMP has more than fulfilled my needs and there are hundred of free tutorials available. Also make sure to check out GimpShop, a version of Gimp with a Photoshop-like look and functionalities.
(3) PDF
PrimoPDF and PDFedit replaced Adobe Acrobat Pro - The only key functions I ever used Adobe Acrobat Pro for was to save (aka print) files to PDF and to edit, type on or add graphics to the PDFs. With PrimoPDF I can print to PDF and the rest is accomplished with PDFedit.